The federal government has said only the Finance Minister
The Central Bank of
But yesterday Information minister Labaran Maku while addressing State House correspondents after the
The minister said since monetary figures were involved, the government could not just be responding flippantly to the allegation by Sanusi.
The government's spokesman stressed that the finance minister and the NNPC were in a better position to provide answers to the allegation.
He urged members of the Nigerian public to be patient for Okonjo-Iweala and the NNPC to respond to the allegation.
"I'll caution that we be patient for the institutions of government to respond. You'd recall that the CBN governor first claimed that
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Grand Jury Seated in Rick Perry Ethics Case
- U.S. Homebuilder Confidence Edged Up in April
- Alfonso Wins Executive of the Year Award
- The 420 on the Hemp Products Giveaway
- German Firm Starts Gas Deliveries to Ukraine
- Five Secrets for Keeping a Job
- Study: Casual Marijuana Use May Cause Brain Changes
- Coca-Cola Soda Sales Lose Pop
- Miami Attorney Being Honored for Charity Work