The bill passed the House Tuesday afternoon with a bipartisan vote of 221-201.
Following the vote, he released the statement below:
"For years prior to my time in
"Two wrongs do not make a right.
"Every day, Americans sit around the kitchen table and budget their finances.
They cannot cut up their bills. Instead, families make responsible decisions - they budget their finances, trim their spending where needed, and pay their bills. Government must do the same.
"I will continue to support responsible measures that reduce the debt, create jobs, and improve our economy."
TNS 30TacordaCheng-140213-4636037 30TacordaCheng
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy