Foreign investors bought
The telecommunications firm's shareholder register shows that foreign investors bought 691.1 million net shares in the period, reducing the ownership of locals by the same margin.
Foreign investors held 5.4 billion shares in
This excludes the 40 per cent stake held by
Local shareholders stake has dropped to 34.5 billion shares from 35.2 billion shares in the period to November as they cashed in on
The stock has more than doubled the 2008 IPO price and gained 50.3 per cent over the past six months to Sh11.70.
"Based on our financial results in the first six months of the year, we have upgraded our full-year guidance,"
Its net profit stood at Sh11.2 billion in the period compared to Sh7.7 billion a year earlier.
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter