The bank has upgraded its core banking technology platform to allow over 8.7 million customers to transact seamlessly across
"When a Kenyan goes to
The bank said apart from the system being multinational, it is also multi-currency. Mwangi said the system will be operational most of the times with three back-up data centres up and running in case of failure in the system.
Mwangi admitted that the bank's systems have not been very reliable expressing optimism that the new system will boost customers' experience and image of the bank.
"I am not shy to say there were hiccups," Mwangi said. "We have come out of this a very experienced organisation."
And because the system will be operational 24/7, Mwangi said the bank will be able to expand into other African countries without restrictions of time differences with
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder