The euro was quoted at
The dollar briefly dropped below
The financial product failed to repay investors when it matured, according to local reports.
"This issue remains unpredictable as it could emerge again," said
The U.S. currency fell against the yen in line with yen buying against the Australian dollar following a weaker-than-expected unemployment report for January released by
The Australian government said its jobless rate rose to 6 percent, against the market consensus of 5.9 percent.
"Market players are awaiting U.S. retail sales data for January due out later in the day," said
However, even if the data turn out to be unfavorable, it will not have much of a negative impact on the currency market as the record cold spell hitting
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'