A group of
Management communication Professor
The symposium will bring together people researching in various disciplines, including science and technology, social sciences, the arts, humanities, public policy and communication.
"And we will have policy and planning practitioners too," says Associate Professor Kurian. "On issues like this, you have to get past the pro- and anti-positions people might have on a controversial science - you have to go deeper and we've brought together people from
The two-day symposium on
"The objective of the symposium is to generate intense conversations among people from different backgrounds and spark new ideas for policy makers to work with," says Professor Munshi. One of the six policy engagement sessions will be chaired by
Topics will cover energy and environmental science, reproductive technologies, laws and ethics around new science, communicating science, indigenous views on new technologies, and citizen and stakeholder engagement.
CC AutoTriage1pm-140213-30TagarumaMar-4636201 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- FCC May Allow Companies to Pay for Internet Priority
- NRA Seeks Universal Concealed Carry Permits
- Money Market Fund Assets up by $7.32 Billion
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot
- Freshman Senators Speak Out on Foreign Policy
- Hillary Clinton to UConn: 'Take a Stand'