Profits came in at €78m (£64m) in the year, compared with a loss of €47m in 2012.
However, chief executive
Income for the year dipped six per cent to €9.3bn while expenses fell three per cent to €6.8bn.
The results were also improved by a lack of loss-making sales - 2012's numbers included a loss of €268m on asset disposals.
Nonetheless, the bank spent €493m on restructuring in 2013, up from €43m in 2012.
The figures gave
"We have attained a solid operating profit in both the group and the core bank, also seeing important successes in the implementation of our strategic agenda," said Blessing.
"We have repaid in full the silent participations of the German government and
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?