The number of these scholarships ranges up to a couple of hundreds annually, which mostly includes Masters, PhDs and Post Doctorates.
It is also providing trainings to Pakistani experts in cutting-edge technologies to face the future challenges of
There are also a number of exchange visits between the two countries which strengthen mutual understandings and promote public diplomacy.
Moreover scientists from both sides are engaged in regularly holding joint collaborative seminars, conferences and workshops with an aim to boost scientific collaborations.
The major projects of cooperation are: Coal Production, Small Hydro-Power Plants, Solar Energy, Wind Energy, Vaccines, Contagious Disease Control, Medical Instruments, Herbal Medicines, Hybrid wheat, Hybrid rice, Cotton, Hybrid Rape, Vegetables, Seed Technologies, Biotechnology, Nanotechnology, Marine Sciences and Technologies,
The Agreement was signed in May, 1976, at
The Seventeenth Protocol (most recent) was signed on
The importance of Cooperation in the fields of S&T was re-affirmed during various high-level visits from both countries, and with the signing of a number of MoUs for cooperation in specific fields of Science & Technology.
Implementation of these MoUs is being pursued at the organizational and departmental levels, he noted.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation