The CBI responded to the latest
"The recovery is taking hold, and we're seeing signs that business investment and trade are starting to make greater contributions to growth. But there is still considerable slack in the economy, so now is not the time to raise interest rates, as the Governor made clear.
"Forward guidance has clearly been effective in influencing companies' expectations of when interest rates will rise and in cementing their confidence in the recovery.
"The Bank's new guidance will give businesses further peace of mind that interest rates will stay low for some time, until investment and incomes are growing at sustainable rates. And the Bank has made clear that even when the economy is operating at more normal levels, rates will only increase gradually."
CC AutoTriage1pm-140213-30TagarumaMar-4635662 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time