Adeosun made this known in Abeokuta while fielding questions from the
She said that the Ogun State government had never touched any local government money, stressing that such act was illegal and the state would never do such.
The commissioner said that not less than N500 million was being spent by the administration to assist the local governments.
The commissioner said the state government owed N35.6 billion debt as at
She said the government had embarked on aggressive sustainability repayment system to service the debt.
Adeosun said that residents, especially those in boarder areas, were now willing to pay their taxes due to the massive road construction going on across the state.
The commissioner also told the lawmakers that the state was not financing the on-going construction of model schools across the state through loans.
On ecological fund, she said the state had only collected N300 million from the Federal Ggovernment.
She said the state still had issues with the Federal Government on why some states received billions of naira on disaster that ought to be prevented.
Adigbite said that the areas not covered by the mega-road projects would enjoy at least two roads per local council areas.
He said economic importance and fund limitation were part of the requirements for the on-going mega-road construction.
Adekunbi said that the purpose of the interactive session was not to witch-hunt anybody, but to continue to work together as a team for the benefit of the citizenry.
He said the invitation of the commissioners was to put things in the right perspectives in respect of Gov.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party