The objectives of the proposed project is to increase affordable, reliable power generation and reduce power shortages in
Dar said the government was taking concrete measures to generate cheap electricity to overcome power crisis, adding various furnace oil power projects are being converted into coal based plants including establishment of Gaddani coal power park.
He said that currently
He said that in addition to ADB’s current policy that includes promotion of sustainable growth rate and poverty reduction, the bank is now focussing on helping
He said that
He said that the government was committed to overcome energy crisis and produce electricity not only to overcome current shortage but to cater to enhanced demands in the future.
He said that electricity of about 8000 megawatt would be added to the system by the fourth year of this government and it would be enhanced from current 14,000 to 40,000 in next ten years.
To a question, the federal minister said that the government has started land acquisition and technical feasibility of the Diamer-Bhasha project adding that international donors like
Speaking on the occasion,
“Diversifying to coal will help the country to cut down its electricity generation cost and reduce its oil import,” the
It is pertinent to mention here that the Jamshoro power project was approved by the ADB’s Board of Directors in
In addition to the
The project will be executed by
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- NRA Seeks Universal Concealed Carry Permits
- FCC May Allow Companies to Pay for Internet Priority
- Money Market Fund Assets up by $7.32 Billion
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Hillary Clinton to UConn: 'Take a Stand'
- Molina Adding Hundreds of Jobs in Michigan
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot