Fourth quarter October-
· Group net sales in the fourth quarter 2013 amounted to 121.6 MSEK (113.9), an increase by 7 percent compared to the corresponding period last year. At comparable exchange rates sales increased by 11 percent. · Operating profit for the quarter amounted to 13.4 MSEK (13.5). · The result after tax amounted to 18.5 MSEK (13.6). · Earnings per share amounted to
Full year January -
· Group net sales in 2013 amounted to 444.6 MSEK (462.9), a 4 percent decrease compared to last year. At comparable exchange rates sales increased by 2 percent. · Operating profit amounted to 39.2 MSEK (43.8). · The result after tax amounted to 41.4 MSEK (38.3). · Earnings per share amounted to
Comments by CEO Torben JÖrgensen It’s with satisfaction that I look back at the ending of last year. We reported a sales increase by 7 percent for the quarter compared to the corresponding period last year. At comparable exchange rates sales grew by no less than 11 percent. In the full year sales decreased by 4 percent, but at comparable exchange rated they increased by 2 percent. This is quite far from our 8 percent growth target, but in line with the growth in the market in which we operate.
Our single biggest product area Purification continues to show healthy growth. The product area is growing by 10 percent. The launch of the combined Flash and Mass detector instrument Isolera™ Dalton is a contributing cause. Isolera Dalton gives
The product area Peptide Synthesis continues to develop positively. During the year it has grown by 24 percent. A large part of this growth is attributable to the automated peptide synthesis system Initiator™ Alstra, which was launched at the end of 2012.
In analytical chemistry we have seen a weaker development of instrument sales, while the sales of consumables continue to grow. In 2014 we will launch a new instrument for analytical chemistry, which will help us regain our position as systems supplier in this area.
In 2013 our sales in the product area Industrial Resins decreased as one of our biggest customers made no purchases of a product that is important for
The gross margin amounts to 55.0 percent for the quarter and to 56.1 percent for the twelve-month period. Our successful system launches have resulted in an increase in the share of instrument sales, which contributes to a development that is not in line with the gross margin target of 60 percent. In 2013 the unfavorable currency development in
Also the outcome for the strategic target that sales of products in analytical and organic chemistry should be about the same size is affected by the system launches in organic chemistry. In 2013 the relation between the product areas was that organic chemistry contributed 55 percent of the sales, analytical chemistry 39 percent and Industrial Resins 6 percent.
Our target is to achieve an operating margin averaging 10 percent. We report an operating margin of 8.8 percent for 2013 and 11.1 for the fourth quarter. I look forward to 2014 with confidence and I am content that we move into 2014 with a good order stock.
For further information, please contact: Torben JÖrgensen, President and CEO, phone: +46 707 49 05 84 Erika SÖderberg Johnson, CFO, phone: +46 707 20 48 20
The information in this press release is of the kind that
About Biotage Biotage offers efficient separation technologies from analysis to industrial scale and high quality solutions for analytical chemistry from research to commercial analysis laboratories. Biotage’s products are used by government authorities, academic institutions, pharmaceutical and food companies, among others. The company is headquartered in Uppsala and has offices in the US,
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com
The following files are available for download:
http://mb.cision.com/Main/705/9536212/210065.pdf The full report
Most Popular Stories
- Malaysia, Flight 370 Relatives Talk Financial Help
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- Jack White Records Songs, Releases Vinyl in Hours
- 420 Pot Holiday Tries To Go Mainstream
- Report: Next Iran Nuclear Talks Set for New York
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat