Deputy Prime Minister reveals that payments by
"My advice to the young generation is – do not take loans unless you are in dire need," said Sheikh
"Take a loan to establish your own business only if you are aware of the risks," he said.
"Citizens should be aware of all aspects. The media has an important role to raise awareness about risks, and give financial guidance.
"There is a lack of awareness among users. We know banks have duties and responsibilities."
It works with signatory banks, who waive 50 per cent of debtors' loans. The rest is settled by the fund, which is reimbursed by deducting payments from the debtor's salary.
Beneficiaries must also sign a declaration promising not to take out further loans until their debt is paid off.
Turning to the regional political situation,
"I am sorry that the situation in
"Arabs are welcome in the
The Government announced last month it would introduce military service for all Emirati men between the ages of 18 and 30. It would be optional for women.
"I met 70 university girls at the summit here.
"It is important for men to be respectful and learn discipline and the army will create values of serving the nation. Many mothers are very happy with the law."
The Arabic website, www.ihtimam.ae, allows residents to propose new ideas and to help decision makers to come up with ideas and policies.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence