According to a release, the new UTC Aerospace Systems C-130 wheels and brakes feature the latest in technology. The carbon brakes use proprietary Duracarb carbon heat sink material that provides eight times longer life than the current steel brake. The Duracarb carbon also provides significant performance improvement in brake cooling time that allows aircraft flight crews the ability to depart tactical areas more quickly after delivering cargo. The boltless wheels employ a lock-ring design, substantially lowering maintenance time and cost, in addition to reduced parts count, when compared to traditional bolted aircraft wheels.
"The new C-130 wheel and brake equipment is scheduled for delivery to the
((Comments on this story may be sent to email@example.com))
Most Popular Stories
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- How Past Mistakes Will Drive Ukraine's Future
- Millennials Favor Saving Over Investing: UBS
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California