"With a targeted mechanism of action giving the potential to mitigate a number of dose-limiting side effects associated with current opioid treatments, we believe TRV734 holds great promise as a novel analgesic," stated
The main objective of this first-in-human trial is to evaluate the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of single ascending doses of TRV734 in healthy subjects. The potentially efficacious dose range of TRV734 will also be evaluated using pupilometry, a validated biomarker for mu-opioid receptor engagement.
Keywords for this news article include: Pharmaceutical Companies, Analgesics,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March