The tea regulator will start issuing actual monthly updates on volumes to influence prices at the auction.
The Tea Board of
"After the discussion, we agreed that TBK will be releasing actual figures of the expected tea other than basing on projections," said TBK acting managing director Zakayo Magara.
"We have already compiled the figures for November and we will be done with the December statistics ," he said. Sri Lanka, the world's leading tea producer, uses actual figures when releasing sector information to the market.
"We need figures on a monthly basis to plan. There could be too much tea in the market and TBK is trying to hide that information.''
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March