The group reported a 31.5% increase in revenue to R7.14bn‚ mainly because of strong performances by the majority of the Supply Chain South Africa businesses‚ the African logistics and dealerships operations‚ together with the impact of Safika Oosthuizens.
"The growth in operating profit was driven by operational efficiencies and the stringent focus on cost controls within the operations. As a result‚ operating profit increased by 25.7% to R651m‚" the company said.
"The competitive landscape and margin pressure experienced by
The local transport and logistics industry was impacted by underlying factors such as weak consumer spend‚ challenges faced by the mining sector as well as the above inflation cost increases being experienced by the local industrial sectors.
More trade with
"The slowdown in the Australian commodity business‚ subdued retail consumer market and uncertainty around the Fringe Benefit Tax treatment of novated leases announced by the previous government in July last year‚ negatively influenced the Australian fleet management market until November,"
Looking ahead‚ the group said the outlook for the SA economy remains subdued given the low economic growth reported over the last 12 months and uncertain trading and operating prospects with manufacturing and production contraction in both the industrial and mining industries.
The weak Rand‚ interest rate hikes‚ higher fuel prices‚ inflationary pressures and high unemployment rates will continue to hamper growth‚ it said.
The Australian economy for the same period is expected to grow at a slower rate than previously experienced.
All rights reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Fiat Chrysler to Build 3 Jeeps in China
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Hawaii is Genetically Engineered Crop Flash Point