Notice Type: Sources Sought Notice
Office Address: Great Lakes Acquisition Center (GLAC);
Subject: D-- Guest Internet Wi-Fi Infrastructure, Bandwidth, and Support
Classification Code: D - Information technology services, including telecommunications services
Solicitation Number: VA69D14I0487
This is a Sources Sought Notice and this notice being issued for market research purposes only. This notice is not a Request for Quotation or Proposal (RFQ/RFP) and a solicitation is not being issued at this time. This notice shall not be construed as a commitment by the Government to issue a solicitation, nor does it restrict the Government to a particular acquisition methodology. The purpose of this notice is to obtain information regarding the availability and capability of all qualified sources to perform a potential requirement. Responses to the information requested may assist the Government in determining the appropriate acquisition methodology.
The Great Lakes Acquisition Center (NCO 12),
In the event of any potential solicitation(s), it is within the Government's purview to either combine these facilities' requirements in one solicitation or present them separately in two separate solicitations.
The Government requests that interested parties submit a brief overview of their firm's capabilities -submit a statement of capability outlining their firm's capabilities related to this requirements stated below, and past experience with projects similar in scope to this project. All information shall be submitted in MS Word or Adobe PDF format and shall not exceed 10 pages, including all attachments. Each party's submission shall also include the following information:
Point-of-contact (including name, title, address, telephone number, and email address)
Business Size (i.e. annual revenues and employee size
Socio-Economic Status (i.e.. small business, service-disabled veteran-owned small business, etc.)
Which site(s), the vendor is interested in (i.e.
Both facilitates shown above have the following general requirements (these may be subject to change):
1. Contractor shall provide installation and setup of wireless service to entire building which includes all required hardware, cables, labor, and accessories needed to perform the installation.
2. Contractor shall provide bandwidth which can adequately and dynamically support usage demands (usage demands are not yet determined) with the ability for growth and throttling of bandwidth.
3. Technical support which includes but may not be limited to: maintenance of Wi-Fi infrastructure, 24/7 telephone technical support for facility guest visitors and VA IT staff, and prompt onsite emergency or non-emergency support/repairs/maintenance when required.
4. Ongoing bandwidth provision and technical support for up to five years in total.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction