OCC BULLETIN 2014-3
Retirement Plan Products and Services
To: Chief Executive Officers and Asset Management Personnel of All National Banks and Federal Savings Associations, Department and Division Heads, All Examining Personnel, and Other Interested Parties
Description: Comptroller's Handbook Revisions and Rescissions
This booklet provides updated guidance to examiners and bankers on retirement plan products and services offered to customers of national banks and federal savings associations; explains the risks inherent in such products and services; and provides a framework for managing those risks.
Specifically, this booklet
- updates examination procedures and groups them by risk. The expanded examination procedures supplement the core assessment standards in the "Large Bank Supervision" and "Community Bank Supervision" booklets of the Comptroller's Handbook.
- updates references and adds a list of abbreviations.
- adds references to recent significant
- adds a discussion of Bank Secrecy Act/anti-money laundering and Regulation R.
- adds a discussion of board and senior management responsibilities regarding oversight of risk management.
With the issuance of the "Retirement Plan Products and Services" booklet, the following OCC guidance is made applicable to federal savings associations:
- OCC Bulletin 2006-24, "Interagency Agreement on ERISA Referrals: Information Sharing Between the FFIEC Agencies and the DOL" (
- OCC Bulletin 2007-7, "Soft Dollar Guidance: Use of Commission Payments by Fiduciaries" (
- OCC Bulletin 2008-10, "Fiduciary Activities of National Banks: Annual Reviews of Fiduciary Accounts Pursuant to 12 CFR 9.6(c)" (March 27, 2008)
See original table at: http://www.occ.gov/news-issuances/bulletins/2014/bulletin-2014-3.html
With the issuance of this booklet, the following publication has been rescinded:
For further information, contact
Senior Deputy Comptroller and Chief National
- "Retirement Plan Products and Services (http://www.occ.gov/publications/publications-by-type/comptrollers-handbook/file-pub-employee-benefits-retirement-plan.pdf)" (PDF)
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction