The news reporters obtained a quote from the research from UdelaR, "In HA inhibition assays, 43 carbohydrates including mono-, di-, tri-, tetrasaccharides, glycoproteins, and polysaccharides were tested as haptens, to determine the saccharide-binding specificities of the lectins. A novel lectin with specificity towards N-acetyl-glucosamine was purified from mycelia of Punctularia atropurpurascens using affinity chromatography on chitosan-Sepharose."
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "The lectin has a subunit molecular mass of 67kDa determined by SDS-PAGE and a pI of 5.0."
For more information on this research see: Screening for lectins from basidiomycetes and isolation of Punctularia atropurpurascens lectin.
Our news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained by contacting S. Albores, UdelaR, Fac Quim,
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Grand Jury Seated in Rick Perry Ethics Case
- U.S. Homebuilder Confidence Edged Up in April
- Alfonso Wins Executive of the Year Award
- The 420 on the Hemp Products Giveaway
- German Firm Starts Gas Deliveries to Ukraine
- Five Secrets for Keeping a Job
- Study: Casual Marijuana Use May Cause Brain Changes
- Coca-Cola Soda Sales Lose Pop
- Miami Attorney Being Honored for Charity Work