ENP Newswire -
Release date- 11022014 - Sometimes, Application Processors do not have all the necessary interfaces to support all the different end markets they target.
QuickLogic CSSPs enable these application processors to expand their Served Available Market (SAM) by connecting a camera to the TI AM335x processor, which usually requires a USB interface. USB interfaces are often scarce in many applications and are often consumed with different peripherals. Moreover, USB camera sensors consume a lot more power, making them impractical in mobile applications.
QuickLogic CAM I/F CSSP connects to the TI Sitara ARM335x general purpose memory interface (GPMC) and the parallel CAM I/F of various camera sensors.
The QuickLogic CSSP supports up to 5MP cameras
GPMC Bus Interface to CAMIF Connectivity Solution TI Reference Design Data Sheet
Linux Software Driver for the GPMC Bus Interface to CAMIF Connectivity Solution TI Reference Design
BeagleBone Reference Design Platform
BeagleBone is a ready-to-use, open-source hardware platform for rapid prototyping, firmware and software development. BeagleBone can be expanded to add different features using add-on boards, AKA capes. The Camera Cape includes
Part Number Type Software Link/Patch
Please install the software for CSSP-FPUN86-6494 first, then apply the patch to support 1280x720 at 30fps.
Development Kit http://www.ti.com/tool/androidsdk-sitara
TI provides an Android development kit which includes BeagleBone, LCD 7 cape, and Camera cape.
Most Popular Stories
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Senators Reach Deal on Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- El Empleo Rebota: La Columna Cohen
- Bob Crow Remembered as Shrewd Champion of Union Workers
- Job Openings Less Than Expected in January
- Swedish Journalist Nils Horner Shot Dead in Kabul
- Deborah Hersman Quits NTSB