At his press briefing on Monday (
This, he pointed out had helped the country to rank among the fastest growing economies in the world. He also noted that the economy was expected to continue to grow at the same level this year, an average of 10 or 11 per cent.
This growth, he said, could be maintained as a result of the rapid and unprecedented growth in the agriculture sector.
He indicated that the current rapid growth and investment inflow for the industry sector would help the country's economic transformation continue to accelerate.
In addition, the expansion of the service sector would make an enormous contribution to translate this year's economic plan into a reality and help reduce the number of people suffering from poverty.
He mentioned that
In fact, the 2012/13
The Prime Minister said that with the growth in the agriculture, service and industry sectors he was confident the country would be able to achieve higher rates of growth and have a major impact in reducing poverty.
Most Popular Stories
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Why New Workers Can't Get Ahead
- Rand Paul Takes Pot Shot at Ted Cruz
- myLINGO Translates Hollywood Films into Spanish
- Obama Plugs ACA on Zach Galifianakis Show
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- Toledo Jeep Plant Hiring Part-Timers
- OECD Forecasts Slowdown in Global Growth
- Snowden Urges Silicon Valley to Resist Internet Spying