The price of
Brent for March settlement gained 35c to
Yellen said the reductions in asset purchases were not on a "pre-set course".
"Yellen made it clear that she intends to continue tapering," said
A US government report due today will probably show that crude supplies rose by 2.5 million barrels. Analysts expect petrol stockpiles to be unchanged. -
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'