The Macedonian government plans to call tenders for building and managing the motorway sections Gostivar-Kicevo and Skopje-Blace in the second quarter of the year, Alfa TV broadcaster reported. The IFC has nearly completed a consulting engagement for these projects.
Transport minister Mile Janakieski commented that the tenders are expected to be called at the end of May or the beginning of June. If investors are found, construction will start in 2015. The period of the concessions will be 35 years, after which the roads will be transferred to the Macedonian state.
The motorways will be offered in two packages. One of them envisages building the section Gostivar-Kicevo and reconstructing the section Skopje-Gostivar. The future concessionaire will manage the entire motorway from
The other project envisages building and managing the section Skopje-Blace. The package is likely to also include the management of
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- Earnings Season Starts Rough for Health Insurers
- Saucedo Mercer Running on Empty in Arizona
- Spring Salmon Return to San Joaquin
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- IPO Market Shows Signs of Settling Down to Earth
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text