"We need to cut up the credit card, not suspend the debt limit. Our debt is bigger than the size of our economy. That should be the wake up call that it's time to change," said Kingston.
Kingston sponsored a number of bills to tackle debt reduction as part of his American Renewal Initiative, namely the Fannie-Freddie Debt Elimination Act and the Child Tax Credit Integrity Preservation Act.
TNS 30TacordaCheng-140213-4635644 30TacordaCheng
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?