"We need to cut up the credit card, not suspend the debt limit. Our debt is bigger than the size of our economy. That should be the wake up call that it's time to change," said Kingston.
Kingston sponsored a number of bills to tackle debt reduction as part of his American Renewal Initiative, namely the Fannie-Freddie Debt Elimination Act and the Child Tax Credit Integrity Preservation Act.
TNS 30TacordaCheng-140213-4635644 30TacordaCheng
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic