The speakers at a conference said Islamic finance is growing at an average speed of 20% annually and is fast becoming a global phenomenon.
The two day
It called for promoting Islamic finance to address the global economic issues.
The moot was organized by
The theme of the conference was “Equity, Venture Capital, Corporate Governance and
The key note speakers, paper presenters and participants of the conference were unanimous that Islamic banking and finance have developed tremendously over the periods of last four decades. They were confident that the Islamic business and finance have the potential to resolve the global economic problems for the greater benefit to the masses.
They said Islamic finance is growing at an average speed of 20% annually and is fast becoming a global phenomenon. It appears to be ideal alternative to conventional Interest based finance, given its core characteristics of Riba free risk sharing finance. Islamic financial systems driven by the teachings of Quran and Sunnah have all the necessary ingredients to serve better the global economic needs. ICIB-2014 will help in creating the much needed awareness among both academic and industry expertise.
The participants lauded the efforts of
The papers presented in the conference addressed the issues on
This was the 3rd
ICIB-2014 is particularly important as it plans to discuss the most strategic instruments of investment and finance namely equity, fund management, venture capital and institutions development and governance in this regard.
The Deputy Governor of
The conference held eight working sessions on Monday and Tuesday (10-11, 2014) to discuss various subjects relating to the Islamic business and finance. These included equity, investments, trust and institution building for promoting Islamic finance and corporate governance of Islamic institutions.
The Vice Chancellor of Riphah
He thanked scholars and researcher for attending the conference and sharing their views to formulate based on teachings of Quran and Sunnah policies to address economic issues. He also thanked international Islamic University Islamabad,
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock