Concerned consumers who do not want to do business with banks that support coal-fired power plants and coal mining should take the opportunity of
In a new ranking at http://www.greenamerica.org/PDF/2014BigCoal.pdf based on the nearly
* Chase and
The institutions earning A+ rankings were community development banks and credit unions that shun financing for coal:
* Albina - www.albinabank.com.
* Permaculture - www.permaculturecu.org.
Green America noted that two other major credit cards -
Green America Corporate Responsibility Division Director
Larsen explained that there are three things consumers can do on
Dump your mega-bank credit card and get a credit card with a responsible bank or credit union! Go to the Take Charge of Your Card campaign (www.greenamerica.org/go/takecharge) to find a better card.
Move your checking and savings account to community development banks and credit unions that are supporting people and the planet. Go to the Break Up With Your Megabank Campaign (www.BreakUpWithYourMega-Bank.org) to find hundreds of options.
Take part in fossil fuel divestment. Make your investment portfolio fossil-fuel-company-free and support clean energy today! Find resources in Green America's Fossil Fuel Divestment Guide: www.GreenAmerica.org/fossilfree/.
The Green America bank scorecard is based on research from the Rainforest Action Network, the
CC AutoTriage5rn-140212-30FurigayJane-4633561 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter