Concerned consumers who do not want to do business with banks that support coal-fired power plants and coal mining should take the opportunity of
In a new ranking at http://www.greenamerica.org/PDF/2014BigCoal.pdf based on the nearly
* Chase and
The institutions earning A+ rankings were community development banks and credit unions that shun financing for coal:
* Albina - www.albinabank.com.
* Permaculture - www.permaculturecu.org.
Green America noted that two other major credit cards -
Green America Corporate Responsibility Division Director
Larsen explained that there are three things consumers can do on
Dump your mega-bank credit card and get a credit card with a responsible bank or credit union! Go to the Take Charge of Your Card campaign (www.greenamerica.org/go/takecharge) to find a better card.
Move your checking and savings account to community development banks and credit unions that are supporting people and the planet. Go to the Break Up With Your Megabank Campaign (www.BreakUpWithYourMega-Bank.org) to find hundreds of options.
Take part in fossil fuel divestment. Make your investment portfolio fossil-fuel-company-free and support clean energy today! Find resources in Green America's Fossil Fuel Divestment Guide: www.GreenAmerica.org/fossilfree/.
The Green America bank scorecard is based on research from the Rainforest Action Network, the
CC AutoTriage5rn-140212-30FurigayJane-4633561 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security