Worldwide net sales and revenues for the first quarter increased three percent, to $7.654 billion, compared with $7.421 billion last year. Net sales of the equipment operations were $6.949 billion for the quarter compared with $6.793 billion a year ago.
Deere said that company equipment sales are projected to decrease about 3 percent for fiscal 2014 and be down about 6 percent for the second quarter compared with the same periods of 2013. For the full year, net income is anticipated to be approximately $3.3 billion.
In early trading Deere is lower by about 1.1%.
The preceding is a transcript of the MarketNewsVideo.com video published at: http://www.marketnewsvideo.com/?id=201402Earn10212114&mv=1.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion