"My professors were very eager to meet me when I first came to visit, and I had a nice talk with
Bauserman, a junior from
"Lynda saw more in me than most professors and really helped mentor me to where I am now," Bauserman said.
The Alpha Alpha chapter earned its fourth
"From the first five minutes of his 20-minute interview, he demonstrated that he not only would be capable but would excel in this role," said senior
Simms continued to elaborate on Bauserman's new responsibilities.
"The vice president of financial planning is responsible for generating student interest and assisting the financial planning advisor in growing the financial program," he said. "This position represents the interests of the financial planning program at GIS events and facilitates opportunities for the financial planning students."
Bauserman says earning this new position is just the beginning. The real work comes with creating new opportunities for
"I would like to expand the opportunities from going to conferences to helping them get internships and jobs," Bauserman said. "This position is going to be an ongoing process, but I look forward to the challenge."
Simms, like the professors at
"The role was created to represent the financial planning majors at
CC AutoTriage10PkS-140212-30TacordaCheng-4634073 30TacordaCheng
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence