"Eliminating access to the Alternative Child Tax Credit for millions of low-income families would have a devastating impact on the very population the policy is designed to protect - children. This divisive, mean-spirited and short-sighted amendment would literally take food from the mouths of millions of poor immigrant children by raising taxes on their families. It represents an attack on some of the most powerless and vulnerable in our society - immigrant children. Immigration and the treatment of immigrant children should be dealt with comprehensively, not in an ill-thought out amendment to a bill dealing with a completely unrelated issue.
"Any and all necessary measures should be used to defeat this cruel amendment."
TNS 24KuanRap-140212 30FurigayJof-4634929 30FurigayJof
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March