Asian stocks rose, as
The Hang Seng Index in
Camera-maker Canon Inc. rose 1.2% in
Toyota Motor Corp. pared its advance to 0.4% after the world's top carmaker said it will recall more than half of all Prius vehicles to update software.
China Construction Bank, the nation's second-largest lender, rose 1.7% to
Sony Corp., the maker of Bravia televisions and PlayStation video-game consoles, jumped 3.7% to
Among stocks that declined, CSL Ltd. fell 3% to
The Shanghai CSI 300 Index gained 5.69 points, or 0.3%, to 2,291.25
The increase compares with the 0.1% median growth estimate by analysts. Imports rose 10%, according to the government data.
In other markets;
Singapore's Straits Times Index moved higher 6.35 points, or 0.2%, to 3,035.45
The New Zealand Exchange 50 index added 21.09 points, or 0.4%, to 4,869.97
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter