Arcade Fire is the top nominee for the 2014 mtvU Woodie Awards.
The Montreal-based band has three nominations for the March 13 awards show celebrating music embraced by college students, while Pharrell, Jay Z, Imagine Dragons, Chance the Rapper and Disclosure pulled down two apiece.
The 10th annual Woodies will be recorded during South By Southwest and aired March 16. Fans can vote in categories such as Did It My Way Woodie for innovation and Breaking Woodie for best new artist at the awards show's website.
Drake, Pharrell, Lorde, Imagine Dragons, Zedd and Disclosure are up for top honor Woodie of the year. Other nominees include Beyonce, Bob Dylan, Kendrick Lamar, Daft Punk, Tyler, the Creator, and Avicci.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: Arcade Fire leads Woodie Awards nominees with 3
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party