Arcade Fire is the top nominee for the 2014 mtvU Woodie Awards.
The Montreal-based band has three nominations for the March 13 awards show celebrating music embraced by college students, while Pharrell, Jay Z, Imagine Dragons, Chance the Rapper and Disclosure pulled down two apiece.
The 10th annual Woodies will be recorded during South By Southwest and aired March 16. Fans can vote in categories such as Did It My Way Woodie for innovation and Breaking Woodie for best new artist at the awards show's website.
Drake, Pharrell, Lorde, Imagine Dragons, Zedd and Disclosure are up for top honor Woodie of the year. Other nominees include Beyonce, Bob Dylan, Kendrick Lamar, Daft Punk, Tyler, the Creator, and Avicci.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: Arcade Fire leads Woodie Awards nominees with 3
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time