Prime membership was a huge hit leading up the holidays, so much so that it was one factor contributing to snarled traffic at the nation's largest shipping companies.
A week before the before the Christmas holiday, more than a million people signed up for the service which provides free two-day shipping on many items bought at
As dominating as the company has become in retail, it has been criticized by some investors for what they perceive as a focus on growth at the expense of profit.
When it posted quarterly results two weeks ago, which fell short of
A representative for
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers