And, he'd consider it a compliment if Canadians viewed it that way.
Flaherty calls it a ``common sense'' budget that contains no ``flashy spending'' and no ``baubles,'' adding it's aimed at keeping taxes low while boosting economic growth.
(With Fedbudget) (Audio: P16)
The federal budget calls for about
There's also about
Tobacco taxes are rising to the point where a carton of 200 cigarettes will cost an extra
A contentious new study suggests screening for breast cancer with mammographies is not reducing the number deaths among women with the disease.
The Canadian Breast Screening Study suggests annual mammograms given to women in their 40's and 50's found more cancers, but didn't save more lives.
The Canadian study appears in the
Two suspects are being questioned in
The bodies of two young women and a young man were found in a house in what police call a ``brutal slaying.''
Officers arrested two 17-year-old boys as they were leaving the house. (20)
More than 500 jobs will be lost when the Wabush Scully iron ore mine in
Some of the affected workers are employed at the mine, and others work at a rail and port operation near
The closure is blamed on falling prices and higher costs to run the operation. (20)
(WEA-Atlanta) (Audio: 166)
Like many cities across the southern U-S,
Airlines have cancelled more than 18-hundred
Most Popular Stories
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Senators Reach Deal on Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Deborah Hersman Quits NTSB
- Swedish Journalist Nils Horner Shot Dead in Kabul
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- Job Openings Less Than Expected in January
- Bob Crow Remembered as Shrewd Champion of Union Workers
- El Empleo Rebota: La Columna Cohen