The customer requested WFT to audit their SAP BASIS services because of the following factors
• Increase in incidents of SLA violation
• Increasing number of unplanned down times
• Large unbudgeted increase in operational costs
• Inflexibility or lack of scalability in supporting infrastructure
• Unplanned delay in new project roll-outs/Modifications
Various teams were involved in providing information to WFT in order to baseline their AS-IS state. The audit process included teams in charge of servers, network, storage, SAP Basis, and operations as well as change management and crisis management.
WFT conducted meetings with managed services managers to understand their operational procedures and communication channel mechanism with the customer. WFT documented Managed Services operational challenges and also understood all the best practices followed within their day to day operations. WFT also conducted interviews with BASIS administrators to evaluate their talent, skill level, certification and training schedule’s.
WFT analyzed and documented any immediate critical risks to the environment and provided recommendations to the customer. WFT also administered meetings with Managed Services’ direct reports to the customer who are responsible for documenting and recording procedures and processes. WFT reviewed the customer SLA contract defined for Managed Services and validated if that is being followed as per the contract.
The audit also included evaluating the High Availability configuration & Disaster Recovery Fail-over / Fail-back configuration to validate the customer SLA’s and Recovery Point Objective (RPO) and Recovery Time Objective (RTO) requirements.
In conclusion, WFT conducted meetings with Change Management Team to understand the integration between SAP BASIS Operations and how changes (SAP Transports) are moved to production.
Based on the above information and documents, WFT analyzed and performed a Landscape Design / Operational Procedure review to create a GAP Analysis and Risk Mitigation report for any
WFT’s audit helped reduce the risks and costs of maintaining the SAP application in support of critical Business process.
Founded in 2000,
For more information on Wharfedale and WFT Cloud services, please visit http://www.wftus.com or call us at (888) 533-3113.
SAP® and all SAP logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP® AG in
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/SAP_Managed_Services/WFTUS_Technology_Company/prweb11573822.htm
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Justin Bieber's War Shrine Pic Causes Flap
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- First Lady Announces Job Site for Veterans
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot
- Tesla Expanding Its California Operations
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- Retirement: Why $1 Million Won't Be Enough
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter