Thales has signed a five-year contract with the
Sonar 2050 is a medium-range bow sonar currently fitted to thirteen Type 23 frigates and is the
Under the contract, Thales will provide physical support of Sonar 2050 for operational defect rectifications, a worldwide 24/7 helpdesk support service, dry dock and afloat support, and test equipment and handling.
We welcome the award of this competitively-placed contract which means Thales has the sole responsibility for the upkeep and support of the complete Sonar 2050 system. We are the key sonar provider to the
Thales was awarded the contract in a competitive process by offering a value for money, low-risk support solution, providing innovative solutions that can reduce support costs and improve the availability of the equipment.
Eight Type 23s are also fitted with the Thales Sonar 2087 towed array system in the stern, which enables warships to hunt submarines at considerable distances and locate them beyond the range from which they can launch an attack.
The combination of these two sensors with an embarked Merlin helicopter fitted with Thales FLASH dipping sonar (Sonar 2089) makes the Type 23 what the
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11