In the first 15 minutes of trading, the 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average rose 108.76 points, or 0.74 percent, from Monday to 14,827.10. Japanese financial markets were closed Tuesday for a national holiday. The broader
Sentiment was lifted after the 30-issue Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.2 percent overnight following Fed chief
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?