The company said that a strong performance comes on the back of strong demand, growth in volumes and favourable product mix.
JLR's profit more than doubled to £619m. JLR's sales have been propelled by the launch of the new Range Rover Sport, the new Range Rover and the Jaguar F-type.
The purchase, seen by many analysts at the time as a risky gamble, has paid off with the iconic luxury brands accounting for virtually all of
The vehicle compnay, which also makes the ultra-cheap
But sales of domestic-led commercial and passenger vehicles for the quarter fell 36% for the quarter to 1.32m units from a year earlier.
However the domestic arm of
Source: AFP via
All rights reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down