Government has increased the number of trucks to relocate families in the
Local Government, Public Works and National Housing Minister Dr
Initially, 15 trucks, six tractors and one
Water levels at
"Government, through the Minister of Finance and Economic Development
"The package will also cater for things like fuel since the number of trucks has also been increased to 40. Our aim is to make sure that there is no loss of life and all assets such as trucks and even scotch-carts that will have been commandeered to assist in this exercise will be compensated and the total package for that will be announced in due course.
"We do not want bureaucracy to destroy the work that is being done here and everything must be done transparently." Dr Chombo said CPU director Mr Madzudzo Pawadyira was now stationed in Masvingo to monitor developments.
"The reason why we came here is to establish the exact number of affected people, that is the number of males, females, children and those who lost their property so that we can mobilise assistance and work out modalities of setting up things such as schools, clinics and even provide food at their new homes," he said. "We do not want anyone to starve and I also want to assure you that child will go to school."
NGOs and other partners could also help in drilling boreholes in Chingwizi and Masangula areas of the
Agriculture, Mechanisation and Irrigation Development Minister Dr
Government assured families of free tillage at their new homes at Nuanetsi ranch. Dr Chombo and his team visited Tokwe-Murkosi Dam Wall where contractors are working around the clock to ensure the incomplete reservoir does not overflow.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved