The market would also keep an eye on unemployment and factory output data for clues on whether the local central bank might increase interest rates further this year after a surprise 50 basis point hike last month to rein in inflation.
"Dollar/rand is languishing, last week's downside tests below 11.00 are now forgotten, but with no real upside pressures either," said
"After trading in the 11-teens for most of yesterday, expect modest downside this morning - with dips to 11.06/08 - thanks to dollar weakness and as local markets play catch-up to overnight moves."
Government bonds tracked the currency higher, pulling the yield for the benchmark 2026 paper 1 basis point lower to 8.755 percent. The 2015 bond shaved off 2 basis points to 7.115 percent. - Reuters
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time