The surprise move is expected to catch the mobile market unawares since the handset manufacturer has invested heavily on
The adoption of Android OS, a product by
According to the sources,
The making of the phone started before the talks between
The smartphone will be known officially as Nokia X and will differ from other Android gadgets as consumers will not be able to access
Instead, Nokia Normandy will run on personalised application by the manufacturer and
The reports say that the Normandy will have a 4-inch WVGA screen, 4GB storage capacity, 5 mega-pixelled camera, dual-SIM and a 1500mAh battery.
The introduction of Lumia and Asha was meant to rival Samsung's Galaxy phones and Apple's iPhones.
Globally for every 10 smartphones sold, eight run on Android OS.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers