Hotonworks, the leading contributor to and provider of enterprise Apache Hadoop®, and
Hadoop continues to gain traction in enterprise big data implementations1. A recent IDC study commissioned by
A comprehensive open source approach to the Hadoop platform can address the growing requirements of key enterprise stakeholders and their big data initiatives. With an enterprise Apache Hadoop platform that is tightly integrated with open hybrid cloud technologies, such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform, OpenJDK, Red Hat JBoss Middleware, and Red Hat Storage, the two companies plan to deliver infrastructure solutions that enable the next generation of data-driven applications. This will enable enterprise stakeholders to more quickly analyze big data to realize business insights and value.
Immediate initiatives that are included in the expanded Hortonworks and
Enterprise operators and application developers will be able to elastically scale their Hadoop infrastructure to meet changing demand with an open and flexible platform that supports a full range of deployment scenarios from physical to virtual and cloud. HDP combined with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and OpenJDK provides faster development of enterprise-strength analytic applications. HDP combined with Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform gives elastic Hadoop services on a secure, private cloud infrastructure to lower costs and improve flexibility.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals
- China Slows Down: The Cohen Column
- Bernanke Wishes He'd Explained the Crisis Better