Hotonworks, the leading contributor to and provider of enterprise Apache Hadoop®, and
Hadoop continues to gain traction in enterprise big data implementations1. A recent IDC study commissioned by
A comprehensive open source approach to the Hadoop platform can address the growing requirements of key enterprise stakeholders and their big data initiatives. With an enterprise Apache Hadoop platform that is tightly integrated with open hybrid cloud technologies, such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform, OpenJDK, Red Hat JBoss Middleware, and Red Hat Storage, the two companies plan to deliver infrastructure solutions that enable the next generation of data-driven applications. This will enable enterprise stakeholders to more quickly analyze big data to realize business insights and value.
Immediate initiatives that are included in the expanded Hortonworks and
Enterprise operators and application developers will be able to elastically scale their Hadoop infrastructure to meet changing demand with an open and flexible platform that supports a full range of deployment scenarios from physical to virtual and cloud. HDP combined with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and OpenJDK provides faster development of enterprise-strength analytic applications. HDP combined with Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform gives elastic Hadoop services on a secure, private cloud infrastructure to lower costs and improve flexibility.
Most Popular Stories
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time