"We remain in a low corporate default environment, driven by strong high-yield credit markets,'' says
In the US, the speculative-grade default rate declined to 1.8% in January from 2.2% in December. At this time last year, the US rate was 3.3%. In
Based on its forecasting model,
Across industries over the coming year,
By dollar volume, the global speculative-grade bond default rate held steady at 1.1% from December's revised rate to January. At this time last year, the rate was 1.4%.
In the US, the dollar-weighted speculative-grade bond default rate ended January at 0.3%, down slightly from 0.4% in December. The rate was 1.6% in
In the leveraged-loan market, the trailing 12-month US leveraged loan default rate finished at 1.9% in January, down from 2.2% in December. A year ago, the rate was 2.7%.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party