TNT says it has no plans to order a second season of "Mob City," a Los Angeles-set period drama series based on John Buntin's book "L.A. Noir."
"'Mob City' was created as a three-week television event and we are incredibly proud of the six hours we presented of this remarkable drama. Although the ratings of the limited series haven't warranted more hours we are eager to work with [writer-director-producer] Frank Darabont again and were delighted to bring the vibrant world of 'Mob City' to life," a TNT representative told the Hollywood Reporter.
The miniseries reunited Darabont with his "Walking Dead" stars Jon Bernthal and Jeff DeMunn. Darabont worked on the zombie apocalypse show's first two seasons.
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: TNT says it won't order more 'Mob City'
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- Bernanke Wishes He'd Explained the Crisis Better