Since 20 years, Lithium ion batteries have been the main energy storage medium for mobile applications as one of the most imperative problems of modern society is how to convert and store energy, only there are main drawbacks for using lithium ion batteries, in especially the low availability and high cost of lithium, coupled with the environmental impact of extracting and disposing of this highly reactive ion.
Therefore, Yissum, the
As per the Campus for Research Excellence and Technological Enterprise (CREATE) plan, Singapore s
The material gives out over two times the capacity of hard carbon and holds its charge capacity even at high current rates, and also indicates a charge and discharge time of 10 minutes, which will let fast charging of NIBs in the future, as well as modify the utilization in applications like electric vehicles.
"Researchers at the
Most Popular Stories
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down