Defense Minister Brigadier General Hossein Dehqan made the announcement of the missile test Monday.
Dehqan stressed that the new achievements have been made thanks to the Iranian experts' constant efforts.
"The new generation of long-range ground-to-ground ballistic missile with a fragmentation warhead and the laser-guided air-to-surface and surface-to-surface missile dubbed
Kirby noted that UN Security Council Resolution 1929 prohibits
The minister said that the new missile was capable of evading the enemy's anti-missile systems, destroying various types of targets and can even demolish separate targets at the same time.
He said the
The laser-guided missile is capable of "hitting important targets such as bridges, tanks, armaments and the enemy's command and control centers with high degree of precision".
The timing of missile testing happened a day before the 35th anniversary of the 1979 Islamic Revolution.
The revolution signified the end of
Rouhani delivered a speech celebrating the revolution -- and slamming
"The revolution started because people didn't want to accept humiliation," Rouhani told his country. "Is it possible for the great revolutionary people, it is possible for this nation to accept humiliation by foreign powers or America after 35 years? It is as if they have not recognized the great nation of
According to the Reuters Iran already has a good pile of long-range surface-to-surface Shahab missiles with a range of about 2,000 km that are capable of reaching
However, analysts have challenged some of
The two sides will start negotiating a full agreement in
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South