Eight Computer and Information Technology students were selected to compete in the upcoming Northeast Collegiate Cyber Defense competition in
"The qualifier is just one day of completion, but it is really fast paced.
We have set the bar high for the regional competition in
Fourteen teams competed at the qualifying competition on
"The team started preparing for this competition when they returned from the 2013 NECCDC which was held at the
This three-day event began by specifically focusing on the operational aspect of managing and protecting an existing commercial network infrastructure. Students who participated got a chance to test their knowledge in an operational environment while networking with industry professionals and learning about many of the security and operational challenges they will soon face in the job market. "This competition is all about hands-on experience and our students excel because our program focuses on hands-on training in a project based learning environment," Boardman said. "I'm very proud of our team. They have practiced countless hours delving into the details of how to properly secure a network and network applications. But, most importantly, they have spread their enthusiasm for cyber security to all students in their department and many other schools by hosting local security competitions in the spring of 2013 and fall of 2013."
Much credit goes to the students that competed, Coach
CC AutoTriage10PkS-140211-30TacordaCheng-4633318 30TacordaCheng
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- Nakamoto 'No Longer Involved' in Bitcoin
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- Cuba Accepts Invite for Talks With EU
- Disney Lays Off 700 From Interactive Unit
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics