"Under the deal, HTC will make payments to
"The companies will also explore future technology collaboration opportunities," HTC said, adding that the full terms of the agreement are confidential.
"This agreement validates
Technology companies have taken to routinely pounding one another with patent lawsuits. Apple has accused HTC and other smartphone manufacturers using
HTC and Apple were locked in more than 20 cases worldwide until they reached a global settlement in 2012 to end all outstanding litigation between them.
HTC sells its own smartphones and also makes handsets for a number of leading US companies, including Google's Nexus One.
In the third quarter of last year, HTC swung to its first net loss of
Source: AFP via
All rights reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder