He said the government has cut down public sector expenditure by thirty percent and all discretionary funds of the ministers have been abolished.
He said that these austerity measures have helped to spare funds for development of the country and ensure income support for the poor people. Similarly‚ he said a number of measures have been taken to enhance the country's revenue collection.
He said efforts were also being made to expand the tax net. The Finance Minister urged the expatriate Pakistanis to send their foreign remittances through banking channels.
He said foreign remittance had increased by 9.5 percent in last seven months and the
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11