He said the government has cut down public sector expenditure by thirty percent and all discretionary funds of the ministers have been abolished.
He said that these austerity measures have helped to spare funds for development of the country and ensure income support for the poor people. Similarly‚ he said a number of measures have been taken to enhance the country's revenue collection.
He said efforts were also being made to expand the tax net. The Finance Minister urged the expatriate Pakistanis to send their foreign remittances through banking channels.
He said foreign remittance had increased by 9.5 percent in last seven months and the
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial