In December, the proportion of foreign share capital in Ukrainian banking system rose 0.3pps to 34%, the
The composite registered statutory fund of Ukrainian banks as at
Profits of Ukrainian banks in 2013, according to preliminary data, make up about UAH 2.5bn, announced Executive Director of the
At the same time, the central bank has stressed qualitative improvement of banks' credit portfolio in 2013,
The S&P estimates the share of problem loans in Ukrainian banks at 20%, the agency has reported. Assets quality is the main negative factor in the Ukrainian banking system. Significant reduction in problem credits is not registered accounting for almost 20% of total credit portfolio.
Moody's forecasts troubled loans to stay around 35% of all loans by end-2013, putting negative pressure on the aggregate measures of the banking system's capital adequacy, which will probably reduce to 14% from 18% at end-2012, Moody's underlines.
The IMF believes that
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline